The Administrative Assistant receives and routes incoming calls, greets visitors, maintains visitor log & badges and provides general information and assistance to the public. This key individual receives incoming mail and assists in preparation and distribution of company materials. The Administrative Assistant performs routine office support functions, including word processing and filing.
1. Performs administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors, such data entry, word processing, creating spreadsheets, reports and presentations, and/or filing. (10%
2. Receives and screens all incoming calls and channels calls to the appropriate personnel. (10%)
3. Greets internal and external clients promptly, while maintaining visitor log and badge preparation. (10%)
4. Provides general information and guidance to callers and visitors. (10%)
5. Receives incoming mail and distributes documents appropriately. (10%)
6. Coordinates outbound mail and packages while ensuring efficient and timely delivery. (10%)
7. Provides clerical support such as word processing, faxing, copying, data entry and mailings, to organizational staff. (10%)
8. Orders office supplies and arranges business equipment services with other facility-related
vendors as needed. (10%)
Complies with all guidelines established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and guidelines set forth by other regulatory agencies, where applicable. (10%)
And all other duties assigned by the manager and/or supervisor. (10%)
Associate Degree in Secretarial Science or equivalent experiences.
C. Minimum 2+ years of experience in secretarial position and/or customer call center environment.
Knowledge and experience in multi-line telephone systems.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to problem solve.
Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas.
Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time.
Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time.
Problem solving skills with the ability to look for root causes and implement, workable solutions.
Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs.
Must have a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail, and reflects well on the organization