We Care. Improve Lives. Give Back. These are SPIRE's values, purpose, and core action.
For nearly 85 years SPIRE has been helping our increasingly diverse membership improve their financial well-being.
One Team. Along with helping members reach their goals SPIRE works hard to create a work environment where employees can work towards meeting their personal career goals as well.
In 2018, SPIRE filled nearly 30% of our jobs internally giving our employees the opportunity to GROW their careers at SPIRE.
SPIRE believes in hiring employees that are driven by their Midwestern Values to do right by our members.
SPIRE is currently looking for a full-time Assistant Branch Manager in our Mora branch!
This position is responsible for assisting the branch manager in the administration and daily operations of a full service branch office.
These functions include member service in accordance with the credit unions objectives, product sales, lending, and branch compliance.
This position is also responsible for the professional development and supervision of assigned staff.
The key objective is to retain, motivate, and provide coaching to staff with the intent to develop sales techniques and assist in the achievement of retail sales goals.
This position is a leader in the branch, participates in community affairs, and works to enhance the credit unions visibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the Branch Manager in the coaching and development of branch staff in order to retain a motivated, professional work force for the Credit Union ensuring the branch is able to reach its goals and sales expectations.
- Assist the Branch Manager in training and developing staff in all branch functions as well as SPIRE policies and procedures and communicating SPIREs direction and objectives to staff.
- Assist Branch Manager in coaching staff to meet monthly CORE product goals ensuring both employees and overall Credit Union goals are met.
- Provide coaching on the sales techniques and loan procedures to branch staff in order to develop their skills and ensure they are able to meet both Credit Union and individual cross-servicing goals.
- Communicate all development and performance issues and employee recognition opportunities to the Branch Manager.
- Act as an example to staff by upholding SPIREs values, mission, and goals.
- Assist Branch Manager in meeting branch NetPromoter Score (NPS) to ensure superior level of Member service through Member and staff communication.
- Be an ambassador for SPIRE thru modeling the 5 As with employees as well as mentor Branch staff to achieve as well.
- Pursue networking opportunities in the community while expanding knowledge of industry trends.
- Assist in upholding the appearance and maintenance of the building and grounds to ensure a pleasant, professional atmosphere for our members to conduct their business.
Support all branch daily activity and assist branch manager in meeting branch and Credit Union goals and management.
- Assist with scheduling staff, entering PTO requests, and ensuring policies/procedures are followed.
- Assures prompt service to members by working teller line during key times such as lunch breaks, acting as a resource for staff.
- Back up the New Account and loan application process as needed to extend needed financial services and expand credit union membership.
- Ensure branch staff performs their duties in a timely, accurate and professional manner to provide needed services and promote positive member relationships in order to exceed Credit Union NetPromoter Score (NPS).
- Communicate concerns and acclamations to Branch Manager on member relationships and sales expectations.
- Research member problems and questions, making any necessary corrections.
Assist in ensuring Branch follows and maintains security policies, internal controls and procedures to protect the employees, members and assets of the Credit Union.
- Oversee the monthly branch audits.
- Ensure all employees follow dual control and other security policies and procedures.
- Oversee the acceptance of branch cash and cards.
- Work with Internal Auditor during branch audits as necessary.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education: A two year college degree and/or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience supervising a team.
- Knowledge of the financial industry and related products in order to discuss them confidentially with members and staff.
- Skill of selling, including the ability to identify members needs to explain features and benefits of SPIRE
- Services and to close sales opportunities and meet sales goals.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and Epysis software packages preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize cues for sales opportunities and identify unexpressed need.
Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple and conflicting priorities to provide support to staff and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to calmly diffuse and manage challenging situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond positively to change and growth to support Credit Union goals and upper management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin