The AML Statistician will work under the supervision of a Functional Team Manager (within Independent Validation covering NAM, LATAM, and Mexico) to provide statistical analyses and reports.
The scope of these analyses will cover all aspects of the work performed by IV across various Citi AML activities-eg, optimization, segmentation, tactical tuning, KYC, etc.
-depending on current needs and project plans.
A primary area of focus for this position will be the validation of scoring models and scenarios for AML monitoring purposes.
The AML Statistician will follow the established globally-consistent methodology, but is expected to have a high level of initiative and creativity and be able to suggest enhancements to the current methodologies where appropriate.
Requirements include a background in statistics and/or mathematics (including experience in predictive and ensemble decision tree modeling), as well as a working knowledge of SAS, R, and Python.
It is preferred that the candidate also have experience with data analysis and/or data mining.
Experience and knowledge in banking and finance is desirable.
The ability to read and create thorough, high quality, formal statistical documentation and reports is important.
Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not necessary.
Key Responsibilities include:
Prepare and validate data.
Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis methods.
Perform statistical and non-statistical data exploration.
Identify data quality issues and work with Technology to address them.
Conduct data-driven analyses and create reports.
Apply alternative machine learning methods (eg, logistic regression, ensemble modelling, or other quantitative methods) to build models and to conduct analyses.
Analyze and interpret data reports, draw conclusions, and make recommendations answering specific business needs.
Document solutions and present results in a clear, comprehensive manner to a nontechnical audience, and draft formal documentation and reports using statistical terminology.
Enhance existing methodology.
Review the statistics and machine-learning literature to generate new ideas, concepts, and models and to improve existing methods of obtaining and evaluating data.
Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in existing methodologies and processes.
Maintain an industry-leading knowledge of the tools, systems and processes available for a best-in-class AML monitoring and detection system.
- Strong statistical academic background, knowledge of quantitative methods, including predictive modeling techniques.
- Experience in creating and assessing Statistical Models.
- A high degree of skill with R, SAS, and the MS Office Suite.
Experience with Python, Hadoop, Hive and Spark, including Spark ML is a plus.
- Experience in reporting the results of analysis in a clearly written manner, and in presenting findings during meetings and conference calls.
- Team working experience (demonstrated team player ability required)An understanding of the technical requirements, and an ability to communicate with Technical Support
Desirable to have:
- An ability to manipulate data using SQL or equivalent
- Experience with data exploration and SQL programming
- Experience with the Mantas (or alternative) AML monitoring system
- Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering
- Previous experience with a financial services company (retail banking, small business banking, commercial banking, etc.)
- Initiative, creativity, attention to detail, and basic problem-solving skills
- Statistical/data analytical skills-including the calculation and interpretation of outcomes
- Facility in working with SAS, R, and Python
- Ability to work with analytical toolsets that interact with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to develop solutions using Python as the primary programming language
- Ability to work under the close supervision of a functional team manager, while preserving independence of thinking and responsibility for results
- Ability to discuss the rationale behind a critical assessment of facts and opinions, and to provide comprehensive answers and arguments
- Ability to engage in conceptual and creative out-of-the-box thinking
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization and across different business units
- Self-motivation and a strong high desire for self-development and learning
- Ability to coordinate with other members of the team and to deal with conflicting time demands
- Ability to work non-standard business hours, including weekends and holidays, if necessary, as determined by business needs.
- Very good formal written and oral communication style
- Ability to express thoughts and concepts clearly
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Ability to work well with a variety of people and to show a team-player attitude regardless the scope of responsibilities
- Provide input on the innovation and application of new and enhanced approaches.
Have initiative and a proactive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, or related quantitative field is preferred.
------------------------------------------------- Grade :All Job Level
- All Job FunctionsAll Job Level
- All Job Functions
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type :Full time
------------------------------------------------------ Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.
If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .
Job Summary Our Crowe offices are growing. This position can be based in Miami, Fort Lauderdale or off-site from San Juan, Puerto Rico. We are looking for...
Desde Crowe - San Juan
Publicado hace 20 días
IMPORTANT: Current residence must be in Puerto Rico. This is not a remote work. QUALIFICATIONS · Proven working experience as a project administrator in...
Desde New Colors Mkt - San Juan
Publicado hace 21 días
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES This position is responsible for overseeing the digital marketing strategy for the company. Developing and project managing digital...
Desde Bma Group - San Juan
Publicado hace 20 días
Maintain Program Construction Manager informed on all activities and developments Supervises and mentors all Inspectors and office engineers ; monitors their...
Desde Jacobs - San Juan
Publicado hace 20 días