Under direction, this position is responsible for the collection of delinquent balances of customers within a predetermined business segment aligned to a geographic location. Key Job Activities:
1) Initiates correspondence (verbal or written) to customers and field sales to enhance corporate cash flow. Ensures that the departmental Days Sales outstanding (DSO) goal is achieved. Presents a positive and service oriented attitude to internal and external customers to maintain and improve customer relationships.
2) Recommends efficiencies regarding departmental procedures and customer payment patterns ensuring they are appropriate to departmental goals and objective attainment.
3) Analyzes Portfolios, identify customers that require placement with third party collections, bankruptcy processes, submits credits and rebills, manual billing, and write-off preparation. Customers are only placed with external agency once internal efforts have been exhausted.
4) Evaluates account status to initiate credit suspension and pursues action with customer and sales force to ensure payment. Will appraise situation once resolved to potentially reinstate credit terms.
5) Identifies causes for customer deductions, recommends operational changes that reduce/eliminate reoccurring deductions.
6) Secures proof of delivery in order to substantiate services were rendered.
7) Provides training and mentoring capabilities to new hires. Will serve as a role model to internal and external customers to display professionalism and a Stericycle “can do” attitude.
8) Performs other related duties as required or requested. Education: Required Education: in High School or Equivalent Experience (North America & LATAM): Required Years of Experience: 2-4 Certifications and/or Licenses: Disclaimer:
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.