Full Time Opportunity 13;
General Description 13;
This position is responsible for assessing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring Banco Popular de Puerto Ricos performance
to ensure the Bank meets the needs of the community to attains CRA compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities 13;
Research, analyze and interpret all applicable CRA regulations and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and statues and implement changes to and/or enhance existing policies and procedures.
Coordinate, document and review lending, investment and service activity.
Perform periodic review of banks assessment areas to ensure reasonableness of the delineation.
Perform a CRA Self:evaluation including performance context.
Maintain relevant CRA reports and files, including data and documentation.
Prepare, analyze, and monitor banks statistics to determine adequate loan penetration of low: and moderate:income households and small businesses.
Work with business units to develop lending, services and investment programs that help meet the needs of low: and moderate:income households as well as small businesses.
Develop and offer training related to CRA and HMDA.
Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Education 13;
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Two years experience in a compliance, quality and risk environment is preferred.
Experience working in Banking industry is preferred.
Collaboration and Teamwork
Other Qualifications 13;
* Excellent organizational skills, anticipate challenges, work with multiple tasks simultaneously, work under time pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
* Ability to work with competing priorities.
* Excellent interpersonal relationships and teamwork skills.
* Ability to share information and responsibilities to achieve common department goals.
* Individual must be well spoken, with excellent bilingual (English and Spanish) writing and presentation skills
* Working knowledge of federal consumer compliance requirements and their applicability to Populars products, services, and activities.
* Excellent analytical, communication and report preparation skills.
* Ability to perform assessments in a variety of different compliance areas. Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of data and visually depict in clear, concise manner
* Familiarity with institutional and retail bank products
* Able to perform analysis and problem identification, determine solutions and best execution and able to work under specific deadlines
* Strong work Ethics and drive
Popular Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer