Descripción del Empleo:
The Curriculum Specialist is a member of the Instructional Design Department and must have knowledge of curriculum, learning theories, instructional design models and verb taxonomies. The Curriculum Specialist should be able to create specialized assessment instruments for diverse activities in online courses, develop instructional objectives an align them to institutional learning goals, competencies and specific activities, and evaluate adequacy of resources and study material included in courses. Prior experience in writing learning objectives and developing syllabi for higher education courses is desirable. Bachellor’s degree in Education and Master’s degree in Curriculum, Evaluation or Assesment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish) is a must, do not apply if you’re not fully bilingual.
1. Provide support and training to subject matter experts on syllabi development for higher education courses.
2. Work with a subject matter expert in the alignment of the course objectives and activities.
3. Evaluate alignment of developed learning objectives with program curriculum and competencies.
4. Colaborate with the subject matter expert and a librarian in the searching and selection of textbooks and instructional resources.
5. Develop evaluation instruments and rubrics for the assessment of online/on ground activities and tasks.
6.Provide workshop or trainings on curriculum, syllabi, & course plan designing process.
7. Prepare briefing notes and reports