Are you eager to be part of Puerto Rico's social and economic transformation? Are you passionate about child education? Are you willing to shape the future of our country? If yes, the Early Childhood Teacher Assistant position is the perfect job opportunity for you.
The Early Childhood Teacher Assistant is responsible for:
1. Assist in all classroom responsibilities including the development and set-up of learning centers, bulletin boards, materials preparation, and attendance record keeping among others.
2. Support the teacher while developing the lesson plans and during students supervision.
3. Support instruction tools and styles, ensuring a learning environment for the children.
4. Share teaching responsibilities, assisting students directly while they perform their daily projects and assignments.
5. Support and ensure the established classrooms and school rules and routines.
6. Performs various non-instructional duties, such as attendance, lunch count, and recess, among others.
7. Assist teachers on promoting high-quality teaching and learning in the classroom that leads to children’ school readiness.
8. Assist teachers on creating an environment in which children develop trusting and accepting relationships with adults and peers that foster growth and development.
9. Assist teachers on designing and executing a developmentally appropriate and integrated curriculum wich provides opportunities for children’s meaningful exploration.
10. Assist teachers in overseeing and maintaining accurate records on each child.
11. Assist teacher in encouraging parent involment and communication through newsletters, bulletin boards, classroom event, center-wide
activities, and open-door policy.
12. Organize classroom procedures and routines and manage student behavior.
EDUCATION Y/O EXPERIENCE: Teacher-certified by the Department of Early Education and Care. (college degree a plus)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent interpersonal and communication/listening skills, including written and oral skills in both English and Spanish preferred or when feasible. Demonstrated proactive orientation with emphasis in academic and leadership credibility. Ability to motivate students and teachers, preferably by maintaining a visible, approachable and positive outlook in the handling of situations. Computer/technological skills; ability to research and abstract relevant educational developments, from the Web. Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time well. Ability to prepare and manage school division’s budget and allocated resources.
PHISICAL DEMANDS: Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. May reach above shoulder heights or below the waist and lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday and must be able to lift 15 pounds and use proper lifting techniques.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources. Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
STRATEGIC PLANNING: Uses data, metrics and critical analysis to solve problems that allow the achievement of organizational goals.
COMPLIANCE PROCESSES: Makes quality reports, which includes but is not limited to: reporting in Balance Scorecard, metrics and reports to investors, allies, and/or other required by the organization.
QUALITY: Proactive in identifying and establishing improvements strategies, uses data to guide decisions and ensures that processes are effective.
SECURITY: Ensures physical, psychological and emotional security in the organization by recognizing, reacting and reporting.
ANTICIPATES PROBLEMS: Detects errors, gaps and potential failures.
HANDLES CHANGES: Adapt to new methods, systems and processes to improve their performance.
DIRECTED TO RESULTS: Meets the goal, completes tasks and achieves results.
INNOVATIVE: Stimulates creative ideas and perspectives that add value.
COMMITMENT: Demonstrates loyalty and commitment through enthusiasm and effort.
CAPITALIZES ON THE SKILLS OF OTHERS: Gets along well with others, is sensible and behaves appropriately in social situations.
FOCUSES ON QUALITY: Aimed at achieving quality standards and creating excellent work products.
DEVELOP RELATIONSHIPS: Creates collaborative relationships to facilitates present as well as the future objectives.
SELF-DEVELOPMENT: Actively acquires new knowledge and skills to stay updated and grow beyond job requirements.
WORK IN TEAM: Collaborates with others to achieve goals and purposes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,000.00 /year
teaching preschoolers: 5 years (Required)
Department of Education (Required)
United States (Required)
Paid time off
Professional development assistance