Job Description The Psychiatric LVN assists psychiatric providers with medication management and patient education.
The Psychiatric Services LVN maintains accurate data in computer files and databases and executes all administrative tasks related to the program services.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community.
Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance.
Offers competitive vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at
Competitive Compensation; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for overtime.
Required: Licensed from "approved" vocational nursing course and/or completion of equivalent education and experience requirements for licensure examination approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures of modern nursing care; first aid procedures; basic life support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; physical and mental health assessment techniques; basic anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology; EMR and electronic documentation; techniques of administering medications and treatments; protocols for issuance of referrals, medication refills, and general communications from Practitioners; clinical equipment and supplies; isolation techniques; sterile and aseptic techniques and protocol.
Preferred: One year of experience in psychiatric nursing.
Knowledge of Medi-Cal documentation requirements and/or Quality Assurance procedures.
Knowledge in the areas of substance abuse desirable.
Proficient in Outlook email correspondence and computer software's.
Ability to; work as a member of a team, accept supervision, maintain appropriate boundaries while working in close inter-personal relationships; learn and apply principles of social rehabilitation; organized, responsible; flexible; empathic and able to relate effectively with clients, other staff, professionals and members of the community.
Knowledge of community resources.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director or designee, the Licensed Vocational Nurse will assist with the following duties:
- Assist clients with administration of medication; knowledge of medication classification, interactions, expected therapeutic responses, and nursing implications on an individual basis or in a group setting.
- Supports psychiatric providers, including but not limited to medication management, records, necessary documentations in compliance with Medi-Cal/DHCS regulations.
- Provide interface with Health Dept.
on issues concerning contagious diseases and infections.
- Administer intramuscular injections to residents.
Administer TB tests and document results as needed.
- Coordinate and consult with psychiatrists, other physicians, and treatment team regarding client health issues and medication interactions.
- Facilitate linkage with doctors, pharmacies, and labs, providing client advocacy as needed.
- Review client health and refer to appropriate healthcare providers.
- Obtain and coordinate resources on nutrition training, diet planning, smoking cessation, and other health related issues as they arise.
- Facilitate groups on medication management and other healthcare topics.
- Performs general program administrate duties: Examples include, but are not limited to, compile, file mail and maintain administrative and statistical data; including: monitor program census, complete expense report, and maintain general office files and office supplies.
- Follow up all medications with pharmacies and address discrepancies between medication orders and pharmacy orders for specified programs.
- Manage the schedule prescribers that provide psychiatric services within agency programs.
- Collaborate with clinical staff to provide information to prescribers.
- Update clinicians, case coordinators, and families, and Board and Care operators, as needed, about most recent medication change.
- Attend and documents client's appointments as requested by psychiatric services' staff.
- Create and monitor Quality Assurance billing reports, such as appointment/medication notes, 72 hr.
compliance, and Interim prescribers' productivity and facility occupancy.
Maintain master psychiatrists' schedule/facility location, and psychiatric services manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed.
Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
Descripción del Empleo: Trabajo de carácter clerical que consiste en atender las necesidades y solicitudes de los clientes internos, externos y pacientes...
Desde Operador(A) Del Centro De Llamadas - Caguas
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: To work with basic accounting functions, prepare checks, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliation...
Desde Accounting Clerk - Part Time - San Juan
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Plaza disponible para maestro/a de Ciencias. Nivel: Elemental e intermedio Grados: 5to a 9no Interesados enviar resume...
Desde Maestro/A De Ciencias - Camuy
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Buscamos personal responsable y dinámico para comenzar de inmediato Requisitos: RESUME ********** LLAMANOS (787) 783-4999
Desde Line Cook - Guaynabo
Publicado hace un mes