Wyndham Grandis now seeking aMaintenance Level II / Groundskeeper II to join our team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort location in Rio Grande,Puerto Rico.
The Golf Groundskeeper II - Maintenance Level II - performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance under the supervision of the Golf Lead or Director of Agronomy. Also performs a diverse range of activities involved in golf course maintenance and construction.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate.
- Able to work rotating shifts, weekedns, holidays.
- Experience using small hand powered equipment (trimmers, hand mowers chain saws, etc).
- Previous experience preferred.
- Able to regularly carry/lift objects of approximately 50 pounds and occasionally of up to 100 pounds.
- Able to move heavy objects.
- May be required to work in adverse weather conditions (sun, rain, etc).
- Able to stand during the entire shift.
- Regularly stands, sits, walks, and uses hands, reaches with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crawls, or crouches.
- Regularly works in wet or humid conditions (non weather) and works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Noise level is loud.
- Performs semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with the company standards as required by scheduling wich will vary according to the needs of the company.
- Performs duties required to maintain the best possible conditions of the golf course.
- Complies at all times with the company standards and regulations to encourage safe and effcient golf operations.
- Operates small hand powered equipment and ocassionally trims tress around golf areas.
- Performs general landscape maintenance using hand held equipment.
- Works with manual hand tools likee shovels, rakes, cup cutters, course set up, pluggers, chain saws string trimmers, hedge trimmers, edger and machetes.
- Operates or trains with rotary blade mowers such as the Groundsmaster 328, Groundsmaster 3500 and Kubota to mow "rough" to all required areas.
- Operates or trains with powered bunker rakes (example: Sand Pro).
- Performs preventive maintenance to golf equipment.
- Operates or trains with tractors with trailers to clean up around the course.
- Performs light construction projects involving wood, paint and concrete.
- Mops and brooms for cleaning the maintenance facility; debris and trash removal.
- Operates small machinery to assist with edging, trimming and mowing.
- Prepares soil beds for sod, seed and evegtative material.
- Operates or trains with walking equipment in mowing greens collars and tees.
- Assissts with fertilizer applications on tees, fairways and rough areas.
- Operates or trains with sod cutter, trencher and tamper for routine projects.
- Operates or traisn with dump truck and tractors for hauling purposes.
- Involved with tasks related to course detail (weed and debris clean up).
- Assists with golf course set up procedures.
- Operates or trains with utility vehicles for hauling material and removing debris.
- Performs skilled duties related to experience (pruning, plugging, etc).
- Operates equipment safely and is aware of associates and their prospective work areas.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location:Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort,6000 Rio Mar Blvd,Rio Grande,Puerto Rico 00745 Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Job typeFull-timeLocationRío Grande, Puerto RicoDepartmentOtherStarting inAs soon as possibleDuration of the contractIndefinite
Descripción del Empleo: Nos encontramos en la búsqueda de Houseman para reconocido hotel del area Este. Requisitos: • Disponibilidad inmediata. • 6 meses de...
Desde Houseman - Río Grande
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Nos encontramos en la busqueda de Room Attendant Requisitos: -Seis meses de experiencia -Experiencia en mantenimeinto
Desde Room Attendant - Río Grande
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Adiestramiento es presencial por un mes. Requisitos: * Grado Asociado completado * Inglés intermedio * Experiencia en Centro Llamadas...
Desde Call Center - Remoto - Area Metro - San Juan
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Se solicita personal para produccion y reciclaje de paletas de almacen. Turno de 6am - 3pm Lunes a Viernes. Envie su resumé...
Desde Produccion Paletas Almacen - Caguas
Publicado hace un mes