Are you eager to be part of Puerto Rico's social and economic transformation? Are you passionate about child education? Are you willing to shape the future of our country? If yes, the Preschool Teacher (K3) position is the perfect job opportunity for you.
The Preschool Teacher is responsible to educate and shape the young minds of the School’s student body by instructing them in the assigned subject matter, and to lead by personal and professional example and behavior. Will be an integral link between the students, parents, and school, and will, to the utmost of his/her ability, uphold the standards espoused by the School. Maintain high quality standards in all our school’s initiatives and to successfully communicate to our students, parents, staff, Board and community at large that our School is an important contributor to our society. Ensure the Best Teaching Practices are reflected in all initiatives and in all programs in the Elementary School.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Teaches classes or the equivalent thereof.
2. Develops unit and lesson plans collaboratively with teachers, aligned with school curricula and National Standards.
3. Provides individualized, small group, and large group instruction in order to meet the needs of each student.
4. Engages students in learning through best teaching practice strategies to achieve positive academic results.
5. Organize classroom procedures and routines and manage student behavior.
6. Exhibits knowledge in adolescent cognitive development and learning styles and of content and best practices in designated disciplines.
7. Assesses students’ academic and social growth, respecting diverse talents and ways of learning, using differentiated instruction by interest or developmental stage.
8. Keeps appropriate records of student progress, prepares reports, takes anecdotal evidence due to RTI processes, and communicates progress with families.
9. Identifies students’ special needs and works with other professional staff to best meet those needs.
10. Establishes, manages, and maintains procedures, routines, rules, and standards of student behavior.
11. Maintains a safe, clean, and comfortable classroom environment.
12. Selects and orders instructional supplies, materials, and resources.
13. Performs various non-instructional duties including taking daily attendance, and lunch and recess supervision duty as assigned, among others.
14. Attends professional development growth activities on a regular basis.
15. Participates cooperatively with the principal on the formative and summative performance appraisal process.
16. Supervises students, identifies and reinforces behavioral expectations both in and out of the classroom.
17. Monitors student progress through regular formal and informal assessment.
18. Participates in committee work, PD sessions, sponsored student activities, and family activities such as, PTCs.
19. Meets extended responsibilities after the regular school day. Holds office hours daily, also attends, and actively participates in scheduled meetings such as, RTI meetings and IEP meetings.
20. Teachers will be evaluated in furtherance of the goal of providing the highest quality education possible. The evaluation criteria used are based on the VIMENTI Best Teaching Practices. These are:
· Obtains student feedback on a regular basis to determine what was learned, what was confusing, and what needs to be re-taught.
· Carefully explains goals, policies, ground rules, and grading policies at the beginning of the school year.
· Reviews homework, exams, projects, and other assignments and provides prompt feedback to students.
· Has a lesson plan (objectives, topics, and activities) for each class session, organizing the appropriate time for a lesson, and presenting the lesson in a logical and sequential manner.
· Organizes a structured routine appropriate for the students.
· Integrates character education in daily routines and lessons.
Education y/o Experience:BA or preferable a Mater Degree in K-3 Education or related field from and accredited University and 5 years of experience in teaching in an accredited educational institution.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal and communication/listening skills, including written and oral skills in both English and Spanish preferred or when feasible. Demonstrated proactive orientation with emphasis in academic and leadership credibility. Ability to motivate students and teachers, preferably by maintaining a visible, approachable and positive outlook in the handling of situations. Computer/technological skills; ability to research and abstract relevant educational developments, from the Web. Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time well. Ability to prepare and manage school division’s budget and allocated resources.
STRATEGIC PLANNING: Uses data, metrics and critical analysis to solve problems that allow the achievement of organizational goals.
COMPLIANCE PROCESSES: Makes quality reports, which includes but is not limited to: reporting in Balance Scorecard, metrics and reports to investors, allies, and/or other required by the organization.
QUALITY: Proactive in identifying and establishing improvements strategies, uses data to guide decisions and ensures that processes are effective.
SECURITY: Ensures physical, psychological and emotional security in the organization by recognizing, reacting and reporting.
ANTICIPATES PROBLEMS: Detects errors, gaps and potential failures.
HANDLES CHANGES: Adapt to new methods, systems and processes to improve their performance.
DIRECTED TO RESULTS: Meets the goal, completes tasks and achieves results.
INNOVATIVE: Stimulates creative ideas and perspectives that add value.
COMMITMENT: Demonstrates loyalty and commitment through enthusiasm and effort.
CAPITALIZES ON THE SKILLS OF OTHERS: Gets along well with others, is sensible and behaves appropriately in social situations.
FOCUSES ON QUALITY: Aimed at achieving quality standards and creating excellent work products.
DEVELOP RELATIONSHIPS: Creates collaborative relationships to facilitates present as well as the future objectives.
SELF-DEVELOPMENT: Actively acquires new knowledge and skills to stay updated and grow beyond job requirements.
WORK IN TEAM: Collaborates with others to achieve goals and purposes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
teaching preschoolers: 5 years (Required)
Department of Education (Required)
United States (Required)
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Descripción del Empleo: Se solicita enfermera graduada para trabajar en hogar de ancianos Requisitos: Tener bachillerato y licencia Responsable, dedicada y...
Desde Enfermera - San Juan
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Responsable de trabajar el departamento de grocery para lograr las metas propuestas, recibe mercancía, acomodada todos los productos de...
Desde Empleado Grocery - Cataño
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Empleo para cuidador/a, sin compromisos familiares, para servicio quedandose a dormir en la residencia del envejeciente, de 87 años de...
Desde Live-In - Cuidador/A Para Enjeveciente - Caguas
Publicado hace un mes
Descripción del Empleo: Oportunidad inmediata para trabajo a tiempo completo y parcial como Oficial de Seguridad en farmacéutica. Excelente salario y beneficios...
Desde Oficiales De Seguridad Aibonito - Aibonito
Publicado hace un mes