Descripción del Empleo:
Social workers are responsible for helping individuals, families, and groups of people to cope with problems they’re facing, in order to improve lives.
• Identify people who need help, visiting the homeowners once the case is assigned.
• Contact the homeowner’s neighbors and identify as Social Worker for R3 Program. Hand out Educational Booklet for the reference.
• Assess clients’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals
• Develop plans to improve their clients’ well-being.
• Help clients adjust to changes and challenges in their lives, such as illness, divorce, or unemployment
• Present to Platform Department initial visit report
• Advocate for and help clients get resources that would improve their well-being
• Among other duties
Skills: • Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Among other tasks