As a certified Safelite Repair Specialist I, you will utilize our industry-leading technology to complete vehicle glass repairs.
You will champion the Safelite Spirit with your can-do attitude, caring heart, and service mindset while striving to bring unexpected happiness to your customers by completing jobs with only the highest quality standard in mind.
Find a career.
Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked.
(This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness.
Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded.
And we care about your well-being.
So, we'll strive to give you what you need to have a happy work/life balance.
- Professionally perform repairs to vehicle glass through application of Safelite proprietary tools, materials, and methods while ensuring efficient, timely, and exceptional service for customers.
- Deliver work orders, customer administration, and customer communication through the Safelite handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Clean customer vehicle during wait/idle time during the repair process as well as perform additional housekeeping tasks in company vehicle and shop.
- Ensure the required paperwork is complete and accurate while completing vehicle inspections.
- Assist auction and airport sites by prepping work orders and shuttling cars as needed.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations throughout the workday.
- Pick up vendor will calls as needed.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all scheduled customers using various forms of technology, including but not limited to in-person, texting, or phone call conversations.
- Ability to adjust to changes in schedule and work diligently and effectively with customer advocates and dispatch to ensure customers are assisted in a timely manner.
- Assist other members of your team as required.
- Report any unexpected damage, accidents, injuries, or incomplete jobs to the store manager or quality manager immediately.
- Undertake any other duties given to you by Safelite management.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the repair process.
- The ability to operate a commercial vehicle safely and courteously, adhering to all company policies and procedures relating to safety.
This includes obeying all traffic laws and regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving record that falls within the company requirements.
- Follow Safelite policies and procedures on every job.
- Fulfill all physical requirements of the job, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
for short periods multiple times a day.
Occasionally, will be asked to assist an associate with lifting windshields that can weigh between 26 lbs.
and 75 lbs., operate various hand and power tools, equipment and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Maintain an adequate range of motion in upper extremities (shoulder, arm, elbow).
- Ability to work at elevated heights.
- Remain on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Follow the Safelite policy on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, cut resistant gloves, uniform, approved footwear, arm sleeves, and nitrile gloves while working in the course and scope of your employment.
- Safely handle sharp tools and razor blades while working with and around hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to remain flexible with hours, days, and locations worked as workload fluctuates due to frequent changes in customer and business demands.
- Work in a fast-paced environment in a variety of weather conditions.
- Maintain a professional appearance as well as maintenance and cleanliness requirements on company vehicles.
- Work and collaborate effectively within your team and leadership.
- Exhibit self-motivation with organizational and time-management abilities.
- Complete all assigned training and certifications within the allotted timeframe.
- Comply with hiring requirements and drug screens per company policy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
We're known as an auto glass company.
That's the focus of what we do.
But we're much more
-- we're a growing and evolving service brand.
And what really makes us unique is our people.
Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization
-- and our people come first and our culture matters.
We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life.
Let us be the best place you'll ever work.