Position Title: Customer Relations and Enrollment Specialist (Part-time and Full-time positions available)
Location: Santa Fe, NM and Northern NM
Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region seeks a positive, engaging and results oriented customer relations and enrollment specialist.
Essential to the BBBS brand, a primary function of this position is to ensure that children and volunteers are appropriately enrolled while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices.
This position requires a high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, that is to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment process.
Position may also be responsible for marketing BBBS programs through recruitment and outreach.
- Conduct all enrollment procedures including: Volunteer, child, and parent/guardian interviews; entering all pertinent data into database real-time, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information systems.
- Effectively move the volunteer from the point of first contact to active enrollment.
- Presenting at Information / orientation sessions
- Answers and routes incoming calls and performs routine database entry and retrieval
- Conducting phone and email reference checks for volunteers,
- Providing child safety education; Assessing and referring families for alternative or additional services as needed;
- Applying learned child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments, making recommendations for participation in the BBBS program based on all data gathered.
- Attend agency events.
- Give presentations and staff events to promote BBBS to families, volunteers and community partners
Qualifications for position:
- A people person and build rapport quickly and genuinely with both adults and with children.
- Willing and able to work with a flexible schedule to suit the needs of customers and clients;
- Have viable transportation; Valid driver's license and insurance to meet job responsibilities;
- High level of organizational skills
- Academic/Equivalent Requirements: Minimum
- Bachelor's degree with one year of relative experience, either from employment or internship.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and possess the ability to effectively utilize an internal database system for tracking and recording information.
- Experience working with adults and children, as well as specific assessment, intake or interview experience is preferred.
Previous experience with youth service organizations and with socio-economically diverse populations is preferred.
- Special consideration for candidates fluent in Spanish and able to communicate clearly and effectively with Spanish speaking families and volunteers.
Salary range: DOE, Benefits included
Application instructions: Please send resume and cover letter to with Enrollment Specialist in Subject Line.