Job title:Finance Manager
Reports to:Senior Finance Manager
Department:Administration and Finance Department
For more than a century, L’Orealhas devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business:Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over.Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Finance Manager will be an integral part of the controlling team managing the financial performance of L’Oréal Caribe, reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will participate in the full cycle financial, planning and analysis (FP&A) process of the group, including monthly close & analysis, quarterly trending, pre-budget and budget exercises, while leading certain aspects of each cycle. Additionally, individual will perform analysis on financial performance, assist in the education of our Business Partners on financial topics and tools, participate in the upgrade and improvement of financial tools and processes, and contribute to the internal control management of the organization. Role will regularly interact with all functions Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service, Corporate & Operations Finance and accounting.
1. Management and analysis of the Company’s Retail and Nets sales.
2. Participation in Sales forecasting and working with demand planning (DP) to ensure that financial projections are aligned with DP.
3. Minoration management. A crucial part of the Commercial’s charge is the strict management of all deductions between Gross and Net Sales including Returns, Promotional allowances and other minorations.
4. ROI modeling required to support business spends.
5. Closing profit and loss (P&L) validation with KE 30 (Income Statement) SAP.
6. Upload new trend and budget to Compass and Magnitude. Responsible for trend and budget. calculations, simulations and reporting requirements in Compass and in Magnitude.
7. Generate Compass Reports for actuals, trends and budgets.
8. Conduct General Ledger Account Analysis and provide recommendations.
9. Perform Pre-Closing month end journal entries.
10. Provide Close requirements and information requested by Berkley Heights (BH) Accounting & Tampa.
11. Provide requested information for External audit.
12. Responsible for the reporting requirement of the monthly closing, proposing journal entries and assuring all closing requirements and deadlines are met as per corporate schedule.
13. Manage Full Month Closing reports in Magnitude and Compass in PLP module and identify ways to correct processes accounting practices and accounting recognition for a more visible P&L. In addition, foresees the implications of any Division decision or actions and their effect in the Company numbers and accounting.
14. Partner with Products Supply Management (PSM) during annual physical inventory count to assure results are within group norms.
15. Organize and participate in multiple meetings such as pre-closing meetings, P&L meetings with the divisions, calendar review meeting, internal audit meeting, governmental agencies meetings), among others.
16. Facilitate P&L training for Non-financial employees.
17. Build strong relationships with key internal (L’Oréal USA Finance and Accounting divisions) and external stakeholders and maintain ongoing communication.
18. Identification of operational and financial opportunities to contribute to a best-practice financial structure to support the needs of the Company.
19. Cross-functional partnership with other areas of the business including Accounting/Sales/Operations, IT, and Marketing teams to ensure strategic collaboration and alignment within business parameters.
20. Work with L’Oréal foreign payment system Regefi.
21. Management and control of key company expenses as assigned (Advertising and Promotion, Operation Expenses, Minorations and/or, COGS).
22. Perform any other job related duties as required or that may arise in the future.
This position requires analytical capacity, build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, organization, administration and control based on the following competencies:
Integrity and TrustIs trusted and considered a direct and honest person. Demonstrates the ability to speak the truth in an appropriate and constructive manner. Is discrete and admits his/her mistakes without blaming others. Demonstrates transparency for obtaining personal benefits.
Customer ServiceMakes effort in meeting expectation and satisfying the needs of both internal and external customers. Obtains information from our clients and utilizes them to improve our products and services. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with our clients and gains their trust and respect.
KnowledgePossesses the technical and functional knowledge to execute his/her responsibilities in an effective manner.
Team WorkPromotes collaboration among her peers and has the capacity to build trust and assist the team for everyone’s benefit. Acts as a team player at all moments by communicating constructively, demonstrates reliability, listens actively, functions as an active participant, shares openly and willingly, cooperates and pitches in to help, exhibits flexibility, shows commitment to the team, works as a problem solver and treats others in a respectful and supportive manner.
Establishment of PrioritiesEnsures his/her time is being focused on what is really critical and urgent. Rapidly detects crucial matters and focuses on accomplishing them on a timely manner. Eliminates obstacles and establishes priorities.
Years of Experience:Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in controlling or financial, planning & analysis (FP&A) position, preferably in consumer goods operations environment.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration: Finance or Accounting major. Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or CPA Candidate preferred.
Languages:Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Travel:This position may require traveling up to 15% of the time to attend business meetings or trainings.
Systems:Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other business applications. Intermediate Excel, preferred. Systems oriented. SAP knowledge, preferred
Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal.
Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment and be proactive.
Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Networking.
Strong analytical skills.
Knowledge of accounting cycle and auditing essentials.
L'Oreal Caribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
financial, planning and analysis: 2 years (Required)
controlling: 2 years (Required)
United States (Required)
Job Summary Our Crowe offices are growing. This position can be based in Miami, Fort Lauderdale or off-site from San Juan, Puerto Rico. We are looking for...
Desde Crowe - San Juan
Publicado hace un mes
IMPORTANT: Current residence must be in Puerto Rico. This is not a remote work. QUALIFICATIONS · Proven working experience as a project administrator in...
Desde New Colors Mkt - San Juan
Publicado hace un mes
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES This position is responsible for overseeing the digital marketing strategy for the company. Developing and project managing digital...
Desde Bma Group - San Juan
Publicado hace un mes
Maintain Program Construction Manager informed on all activities and developments Supervises and mentors all Inspectors and office engineers ; monitors their...
Desde Jacobs - San Juan
Publicado hace un mes