Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Receive, store, prepare Finish Good, and advance samples for shipment in extreme cold boxes environment. Maintain accurate inventory in SAP by completing receiving and allocating material per storage location in SAP. Complete shipment forms required for the compliance with cGMP and regulatory agencies, Finance, and Custom and Trade regulations. Receives and organizes shipping material to support the Shipping Operations. Handles samples of materials used to conduct testing or special assignments, as required by QA groups for both serialized and non-serialized product. Performs Inventory Counts functions as needed in support of Site Cycle count program. This position must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function. Position also function as back up for Warehouse Technician primarily in general task as assigned in warehouse general curricula, to receive and dispatch the raw materials, packaging components and operational supplies used to support manufacturing operations and in other areas if supported by task training compliance.
1. Receives Finish Goods from the Packaging Area and change plastic pallets, to wood pallets (when required per market).
2. Assures pallets are stored in control room (2-8 C) and assign storage location in SAP to maintain inventory visibility at all times.
3. Prepares pallets for shipment by protecting the pallets with corner boards and plastic wrap to reduce product damage during transportation.
4. Supports Engineering and Project Managers by moving material as needed to access the area
5. Performs and support cycle counts as required by Site program.
6. Receives shipping purchase materials (supplies, packaging components, pallets, etc.), makes visual inspections to the cargo, verifies (by counting and / or weighing) proper identification and records the information in the inventory control systems(s), when applicable.
7. Maintains and generates transactions in the SAP environment and initiate escalation process to investigate reconciliation issues.
8. Inspect product and escalate to Management and QA if lots are found with damage.
9. Assist with the sample removal, including, but not limited to, samples used for re-evaluation of the ots on inventory, for advance sample replacements, or any other sample request including material movement and the aggregation and disaggregation transaction for serialized products.
10. Stores materials as per applicable storage location, according to the current GMP’s and inventory control requirements.
11. Keeps working areas clean and organized.
12. Keeps data in the inventory control systems (manual and /or computerized) update and accurate, including the freight containers inventory.
13. Participates in Cycle Counting process as per Inventory Control Procedure.
14. Prepares physically materials for air and ocean shipments.
15. Ensures that materials are correctly picked and prepare for shipping, following applicable procedures and forms and in compliance with the current GMP’s.
16. Operates and inspect the warehouse equipment (Radios, handhelds, Forklift, pallet wrapper etc.)
17. Handles and disposes properly rejected material, dangerous goods, potentially dangerous goods and regulated hazardous waste into a designated on-site disposal facility of interim container.
18. Performs data entry on required file such as Coldstream.
19. Contributes in the revision/validation of procedures, and in executing daily plans effectively in coordination with the area supervisor or designee.
High School Diploma
Knowledge of Shipping / Warehouse functions (Receiving, Storage, Cycle Count, Physical Inventory, Dispatching, Shipping, forklift, hand truck, waste disposal) in a pharmaceutical industry
One (1) year experience in the operation of material handling equipment.
Able to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions in both English and Spanish.
Computer use knowledge.
Knowledge of relevant governmental regulations, cGMP’s and guidelines
Willing to work irregular hours, rotary shifts, weekends and holidays.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.